Tuesday 7 February 2012

Development work Self Portrait

Dev 6
Here's are quick idea developed using Photoshop of an reference image of myself, inspired by the   the artist Chuck Close. I could have created a drawing of this however it would have been too detailed to get finished. 
Dev 5
Here is ink and pencil drawing I created of myself.  I have experimented with a cut out style which I believe has worked out well. 

Dev 4
I have here experimented with charcoal and oil pastels with a collage of my drawing on top with ripped out newspaper to give it an interesting effect. I have created an abstract piece similar to Andy Warhol's work.

Dev 3
I have here created the caricature drawing using the medium charcoals. I have gasped the shadows  on my face quite well. However I could work more into the hair to make it look more realistic. 

Dev 2
Here I have tried creating a caricature drawing of myself using a sharpe pen. I don't like the way this turned
out as it does not look like me. 

Dev1 Monoprint Self Portrait
These are developments and ideas for my final self portrait. I have experimented with a variety of  different mediums so that  I can see what works out better. 

1 comment:

  1. Well done for trying out a number of different approaches :)

    ReplyDelete