Wednesday 21 March 2012

Copy of Bobby Chio's work

 Here's are steps I followed of Bobby Chio's work. (First 20 mins of video tutorial)
Heres a quick sketch I made following the video tutorial.
I then began adding the light and dark areas using the standard brush and setting the flow to 10%
Starting outlining the character and composition. 
Here started adding light and dark tones. 
Started working more into the foreground and background. Adding the tree branches. 

Started adding detail and colour to the piece. To create this quick sketch, I followed the video tutorial in which the artist only uses a standard round brush for his sketching phase. From following the tutorial I  have learnt about how to apply semi-opaque paint by changing the flow of the brush. I also like how the artist creating a new small window of his work to see his details and tone forming in his painting. I also like how the artist starts from creating a greyscale drawing and then developing it in colour.




No comments:

Post a Comment