Wednesday 21 March 2012

Copy of Bobby Chio's work

Picture below is an section of Bobby Chio's piece in which I have chose to create a copy of.

Artists work 

Here are the steps I have taken to create a transcript of Bobby Chio's work using his techniques.

I began creating a greyscale drawing first like the artist. Outlining a rough shape of the creature's body.

I then added more hues to the drawing. 

I then changed the flow, size and opacity of the brush to add detail for the fur. To make it blend in well. 

Then added overlays and played around with adjustment levels to get the lighting accurately I could like the artist's piece. 

Now I need to add the leaves textures and detail and work on the character. 




Started adding vegetation to the branches searched on internet for reference images and used the clone tool to blend the textures together.

Then began adding detail to the vegetation and adding fur using 1px size brush.
Adding more detail to the fur.



Working on the small creature adding tone.

Adding more tone.  I realised the face did not look quite right so I made changes to it when I started adding colour on top.

Final stage started adding colour to the creature and fur texture. Overall from following this tutorial I have learnt alot of useful techniques which I could incorporate further in my work.  I am pleased with the final result of this piece. However if I had more time I would have created a more defined piece.











No comments:

Post a Comment