Wednesday 21 March 2012

Night Crawler Moodboard

Here is a moodboard of reference images for possible compositions for creating my own digital painting of Night Crawler. For this brief I will use the brushes and techniques learnt from Darken's tutorial.




Rough quick sketches of compositional ideas


I created this on top of the silhouette I created. I  have a further developed piece of this, working more into the tone, shade and composition as well as tidying up the outline. I have also worked more into the face.


I decided to create Night Crawler in a different composition, flying backwards jump which looks more interesting than him just crouching. I thought this would work out better for a magazine cover compared to my first attempt

I then added the main base colours onto my drawing. 


I decided to place Night Crawler in a foggy misty background using the brushes from Darken's tutorial. 

Here's the final image of my drawing of Night Crawler.  I am pleased with the progress I have made from my first attempt the colouring, shading and composition looks much better.



No comments:

Post a Comment